Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I need a new laptop to replace my current one....urgently as

I need a new laptop to replace my current one....urgently as it is crashing. Can you suggest an appropriate solution ?
I have an ASUS G73Jh notebook game, with 1 Terabyte memory but it 4 to 5 years old and needs replacing
I want to replace it with another something else and so far I am thinking I need the following requirements:
RAM: 8GB
Hard Drive: 1 Terabyte but with no compartment. If compartment is compulsory then one compartment has to be 1 Terabyte
CPU: Intel , Core i7 - syst / quad core chip
Flash cache: 32GB
SSD: ultra-portable
Display: 1920x1080
Touch Screen: yes
Traditional (does not need to be a notebook)
Screen: 15”
Battery: 4 Hours
Keyboard: backlit
Touchpad: should be able to be calibrated but Nipple is preferred to touch pad if possible
Weight: max 2kg
Microsoft 7 is preferred to 8 as 8 is deemed to be pants and will soon be replaced anyway
I have a lot of media (mainly music that I play on ITunes), images ( I publish –moonlighting- 4 websites) and I use my Outlook as my archive
In terms of backup I am using a Seagate Goflex device and I plug it in every so often ( and is supposed to be completely up to date)
I have been suggested a Dell Precision M3800 (premium) but If you have a suggestions of what to get for my replacement, that would be brilliant.
Thanks and kind regards
Francesca
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Windows 8 was already replaced with 8.1 which is much better and microsoft does not plan on replacing it for a couple of years. The closest I can find to what you want is this: Click Here It is also very unlikely to find a SSD of that size without it being a hybrid drive. The drive in this model is a hybrid drive see here for more info on that" Click Here I did make sure to find as many of your specs as possible in one machine and the model above is the one I came up with. The weight of 2kg is also unlikely with all of those specs unfortunately. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI there. I have looked at your link but the weight of the machine is 5Kg, which is heavier than what I am looking for. it is also a games console. I don't need all that functionality as I am not planning to lay games so the resolution etc.. does not need to be such high spec , I just need the 1TB of memory

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok the specs you gave are what make the weight unlikely it would also be unlikely to find one with an SSD that weight. This is the closest I can find at near that weight: Click Here If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience: Years of experience.