Chris R.
Chris R., Computer Tech
Experience:  BSBA CIS, A+ Certified
70521640

Taking acer aspire Ax3950 makers settings it stopped working

Customer Question

Taking acer aspire Ax3950 makers settings it stopped working correctly at setup is starting services
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** and I would be happy to assist you today.

Sorry I do not understand your question. What problem are you having and what are you trying to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cleaning my computer using the Acer tool to take the computer back to original settings everything seemed to be going well till it came to the final part when it stopped working and a notice came on screen to say restart your computer and services will be installed which I did the windows logo came up then setup is starting services and then restart your computer again this happens every time

Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
Bob,

I am not familar with this Acer Tool. When you say you want the computer to go to original settings, are you trying to wipe out the computer and start fresh?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
There is usually a built in recovery partition on the Hard Drive for you to reinstall the OS back to the way it was when you purchased the computer. Is this what you are using or something else? It doesn't sound like what you were describing. Can you give me a few minutes to try and pull up a manual for your computer? That usually tells you the procedure for restoring in them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok

Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Be back shortly.
Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
Ok back. The one service manual I was looking in did not have the info. It seems that for a lot of Acer computer including your model, you can access the recovery system byt press the leftside ALT and F10 keys before or at the ACER logo. This should bring up the system. Let me know if it does. Also you probably already know this but if you are wiping out your computer you are going to want to backup everything that is import to another drive as none of your files or programs will be there. Only what came with the computer when you purchased it will be.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

F10 key and lefthand alt did not work for me thank-you for trying

Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
Hmm that should have worked. Did you press them fast enough? It is easy to miss the time window.

If you can't get the recovery system to load then you can always find a Windows 7 disc of the exact version your computer is using and do a fresh install that way. You will just have to boot to disc and then use the Windows Product key on the sticker that is on your computer. By the specs I found you should be using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. So if you can borrow the disc from someeone that will solve your problem.
Chris R., Computer Tech
Experience: BSBA CIS, A+ Certified
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the delay in answering you. I did as you suggested with left hand alt and F10 keys but quicker I had installed apps drivers earlier and recovery disk 1 was in cd player and installation started thanks to you.Thank you very much sorry for the delay Bob M

Expert:  Chris R. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. Take care!

Chris R