Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

after installing ink cartridges on my HP Deskjet 3520, I cannot

after installing ink cartridges on my HP Deskjet 3520, I cannot print. I had a screen of either the printer or the cartridges had a problem. Please help
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Did you replace old cartridges? Or is this a new printer?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is not a new printer. I replaced old empty cartridges with new ones, exactly the way I always do.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Faye
What happens when you put the old cartridges back into the printer? Do you still get the same error?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well, Richard, I threw them away. Also, the log-in will not take my email address saying it belongs to another member. They did take my Visa.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, can you remove the power from the printer and wait 10 minutes
Put the power back in, turn on the printer and tell me if you still have the error.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I removed the power from the printer. I will wait the 10 minutes. Thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, it doesn't work.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Faye
It is one of two things
Either the cartridges are faulty, which can happen as its a bad batch. Or the print head in the printer has failed (the component that houses the cartridges).
I know its not the wrapping as you have done this a few times and indicated you removed all wrapping.
You will need to start with returning the cartridges and have them replaced under warranty. Then put the new cartridges in.
If you still get the problem, then we know its the print head. In this case you would need to return the printer to have the print head replaced under warranty if this has not expired. It will then be replaced at no charge. But the problem you are having is one of these two issues.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.