Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have HP Envy laptop with 17" touch screen running on Windows

Customer Question

I have HP Envy laptop with 17" touch screen running on Windows 8 which is not booting up properly. It starts the process, the start screen then switches to the desktop screen and the desktop background screen keeps flashing on and off.
Brian
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you please remove the charger from the Laptop and take out the battery.
Then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.
Once done, connect the power cable and battery, and turn on the Laptop and tell me please if it now starts correctly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard

Have tried to reboot and but it is still doing the same thing

Brian

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Brian
Power off the Laptop
Then hold the LEFT SHIFT button and with it held down, turn it on and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu.
Tell me please if your able to get to this menu.