Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have an email confirming a holiday booking but my printer

Customer Question

I have an email confirming a holiday booking but my printer will not print the first page
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What exactly happens when you go to print it?
And which email program or service are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The email prints ok until it comes to the first page then it only prints about a third of the page. I have tried numerous times and the same thing happens. When starting to print a message comes up 'No print preview'

I am using outlook

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Corinne.
Is it outlook the program (outlook 2010) or the website outlook.com ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not sure, I am on windows 8 and log onto emails

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I believe its outlook.com
Please do the following in Internet Explorer
Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options
Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.
Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset
Then restart your computer and then try to print the email
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

please remote into my computer and do this for me as I am useless at technology. Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, please accept the offer I made for the remote service and I can then do this Corinne.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry too expensive I cannot see a general tab what else might it be called

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thats ok, it is optional.
It is only called a General Tab. It is the Tab it first opens when you click on Internet Options.
I also reduced the price for you if thats possible.
Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok I have paid the extra for you to remote into my computer, so will wait whilst you make the changes

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I need to gain access to your computer to do this, so to do this, can you do the below instructions please.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I downloaded the teamviewer .com but then lost the connection but now have the Id number and password

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** give it to me here please so I can connect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do you need my telephone no. shown below

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
no, I need the ID and Password ***** you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Id###-##-####password *****

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, Teamviewer has been closed Corinne.
You have to leave it open.
Open it again, and give me the new password ***** gives you please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this is the new password ***** ID###-##-####password *****

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thats better, thanks