arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  3 Years of experience in the field of Computer Hardware Troubleshooting
50085326

My HP printer deskjet2400 series seems to have updated to Windows

my HP printer deskjet2400 series seems to have updated to Windows 8 but I am Windows 10 and I cannot get it to print anything other than a test page. Will I have to get another printer or can you help get it to work please?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 2 years ago.
Hi,My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.
By the way, how's the printer connected? (LAN / USB / Wireless)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

usb and I have tried disconnecting it but that didnt work either.

ok
Are you there right now
I want you to do this activity and update status
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Arsuf - yes I am here but unfortunately I have to go out in about five minutes for the rest of this evening.

Would it be OK for us to have a go at sorting this out tomorrow morning - say anytime you like ( Swiss time) from 6.30am??

Procedure:1: Turn off Printer and disconnect USB cable from computer2: Open Printer section from Control Panel (click View Devices and Printers in Control Panel)3: You can view your printer icon over there. Right Click Printer icon > Click Remove Device4: This removes printer from Printer section. Please repeat step 3 if same printer icon is there more than one Once this is done..1: Turn on Printer >Wait for 2 mins2: Connect USB cable to computer after 2 mins3: This reinstall printer automaticallyAfter reinstallation, check you have printer icon in Printer section from Control Panel. If so, try a test print then a DocumentPlease update Status
Dear Adele,
Hope you are doing good. By the way, did my suggestion help. I was waiting for your reply but didn't find you back..

Please update status so that we can move accordingly. You can reply and i am happy to assist if you are still need help.

(If my suggestion was helpful, please bear a bit time to rate my service so that i can close this call and get paid for helping)

Thanks,

Fiyaz

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I thought you had solved it - but unfortunately not. Everything seemed to work exactly as per your instructions, re-installation happened, product reconfigured, then I tried to print. The test page didn't respond, so I tried to print from word and got printer ready then clicked print and got "Word cannot print. There's no printer installed." I have checked that it is the default printer and it is.

Thanks for your reply
Are you available now
Could you check whether system detects printer when you connect USB cable..Better you may check it in Device Manager and see if there any devices with yellow exclamation or Question mark..If so, share me the device name Now you can't find devices with yellow exclamation or Question mark, check your printer shows under Printers section in Device Manager Waiting for your replyThanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. did that. Printer came up as default printer. But still not printing! Maybe I should just get a new cheap printer that is compatible with Windows 10 but when I search none of them mention Windows 10 in their spec pages. .....Unless you think we can solve this problem? Appreciate your help so far.

Are you there
I would like to have a remote session with your computer as it helps to view and work at real time.If you are ok, please click below linkhttp://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=10ea64df-ca94-44ba-b3e8-27d61331cdbcThanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just to let you know that I have clicked and agreed to remote access. Nb when I jus try view the answer I can't get the site so I can only get to you through my account/my questions.

anyway, wait to hear from you after you have accesed my laptop.

Are you available now..Once you click "I Agree" button, next page will bring you the download link. Click Download to download remote tool. Then simply open the fileThat's allIf you still have any query, please replyThanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cant see how to open the file. It doesn't seem to be in downloads so maybe it hasn't downloaded. Anyway, I think I will forget it as I don't seem to be making quick progress. Thank you but I am now terminating . Sorry we couldn't resolve the problem.

hi
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes but I cli9cked I agree and clicked download and then couldn't find any download. . Sorry but I will forget it and get another printer and hope for the best.

sir, please give me a try.. Please click below link and see if you can download teamviewer tool. Just install the tool.Once installed, share me the ID and Password ***** showshttp://tinyurl.com/c9fzfbvThanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it just takes me back to the just answers view answer page. Maybe I am just an useless old lady but I cannot get it to work. Have tried three times to click on the link with same result each time.

maybe its in download folder..press ctrl and j button together, this opens download folder. Check if the file is there
Have you opened the download folder
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes - I assume there is only one this PC downloads folder? It has got skype and rapport and mcaffee and HP in it but not the just answer stuff.

1: Open another tab, Google " teamviewer 7 " on it2: From Google search, click first resultTeamViewer 9.x, 8.x, 7.x, 6.x, 5.x, 4.x, 3.x, 2.x and 1.x3: Click Teamviewer on itCheck if it allows to download a file
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think I have downloaded teamviewer!

Good, now install itAfter that open it and share the ID and password ***** shows
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

352 887 657

j12xy8

Please authenticate connection
I am disconnected..please don't close Teamviewer
Mam, Please open Teamviewer and share new password ***** it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will do, give me a moiment

ok
Please share new password ***** Teamviewer
Dear mam, Can we continue the session on next day. Its time to sign off
I shall update you once i am online..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok - in case , the team viewer is 352 887 657

6q128

I will be online tomorrow from about 07.00am swiss time

WHEN WILL YOU BE BACK ONLINE PLEASE . I HAVE BEEN CLOSE TO THE COMPUTER MOST OF TODAY WAITING FOR YOU - MANY THANKS.

Dear mam,Nice to meet you. Sorry, had a meeting yesterday that's why i wasn't able to get you. Please let me know when you are online.Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

afraid I have given up now and ordered a replacement cheap printer. I suspect the HP update driver is at fault. Thanks for trying. I will do an OK rating.

Thanks for that...I am still ready if you want me to work. You can contact me here if you come across with similar issues afterwards without paying moreThanks and Have a Great Day!Fiyaz