Shefin
Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I have an HP5530 printer. I have just had to change the cartridge

I have an HP5530 printer. I have just had to change the cartridge - an HP301 - and have re-scanned the page to achieve alignment. When I installed the cartridge it said "Genuine HP cartridge installed". The screen then said "Cartridge at default setting" but when I try to print something the paper comes out blank. Can you help? John Bonwick
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Please try cleaning the printhead and aligning it again. You can get instructions from the link below.http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-5500-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5304881/model/5304882/document/c03765731/ If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where do I find the print head. Is this on the cartridge itself?

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, The link contains instructions to clean the printhead. It is where the cartridge seats. Thank you.S H E F I N