Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have just bought an ENVY 4507 to work with my new Apple laptop.

Customer Question

I have just bought an ENVY 4507 to work with my new Apple laptop. The idea is to scale-down our operations. Unfortunately, we have to receive copy invoices from suppliers and these don't seem to fit in an A4 sheet. Pieces of the invoices both from the left and right hand-side are missing. I have tried reducing the size of the print, but it does'nt help. I understand there may be an HP app that I could use to enable a proper mating of Apple and HP.
Len Ainsworth
Marlborough Export Services Ltd
t 01672 540168
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Before I can provide you a solution to this, pleas tell me the following:Are you getting the invoices in the HP computer or in the Apple laptop? or both?What type of files are these invoices? Are they PDF files? Or are they Excel files?Please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get invoices from suppliers by PDF e-mail on my AppleMac Pro 3. I then print them out on my ENVY. The invoicdes look full and complete prior to sending them to the printer. Once they are printed out, a narrow strip at the Left hand side is missing, usually cutting part of the suppliers logo - and s similar strip is missing from the Right hand side missing out the value of the invoice. As I mentioned a Dealer said 'reduce the size of the printing and that will solve the problem'. It does;nt
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about the persisting issues.I believe your HP Envy computer is running with Windows 8 or 20. Can I remotely access that computer so that I can directly assist you in fixing this PDF printing issues while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes get into my laptop and solve this problem, please
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=70b1dc0f-c35a-431e-aa4b-71035391eb502. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
How is it going? The link that I gave you only works with your HP Envy that is running with Windows. It will not work on your Mac. I believe the printing problem is happening in your HP so let me remotely access your HP so that I can show you the fix of the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I got was a lot of gibberish. Also at the top of it is the notation'does'nt work with apple operating system
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Oh... Do you want me to remotely access your HP or your Apple? The tool I gave you is for HP running with Windows. It will not work with Mac. Can you use your HP instead?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, how do you mean - can I use my HP instead? W hat do you want me to do?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, the remote access link I gave you only works with your HP, not with your Mac. Please access your JustAnswer account in your HP and then I can send you the link there. Download the tool there in your HP and double click on it to run it.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Were you able to access your JustAnswer.com account in your HP? If not, I cannot remotely access your HP computer using the link I originally sent you. We can use another remote tool for your Mac instead. Please let me know, I am still here to help.