Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8615 printer. I had a paper jam

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8615 printer. I had a paper jam inside the printer, and followed instructions on how to remove it, by removing the tray at the back, retrieving the paper causing the jam and replaced the tray correctly as instructed. The printer switched itself off during this process and now it won't switch on again. I have checked that all cables are correct and working (the printer is powered via my modem). I have only had the printer for a few months. Can you help or do I need to return it to where I purchased it from?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power from the printer and wait 10 minutes
Then connect the power and turn it on and tell me if it then starts please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Printer did not start - still dead.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal power supply that has faulted.
Residual power can cause this but we have ruled this out.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced Maureen. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.