Shefin
Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I HAVE A FAIRLY NEW (18 M) HP OFFICEJET 2622 PRINTER IT STARTED

Customer Question

I HAVE A FAIRLY NEW (18 M) HP OFFICEJET 2622 PRINTER IT STARTED GIVING THE ERROR MESSAGE 'Previously used genuine HP cartridges installed' AND REFUSED TO PRINT. I THEREFORE GOT 2 NEW CARTRIDGES FROM CARTRIDGE SAVE, ADVERTISED AS 'GENUINE HP' BUT STILL GOT ERROR MESSAGE. I HAVE LOADED NEW UPDATE ONTO PRINTER; TURNED POWER OFF/ON; HAVE SPENT AS MUCH ON INK AS ACTUAL PRINTER.
CAN YOU ADVISE WHETHER IT IS LIKELY TO BE FAULTY ERROR MESSAGE, IN WHICH CASE I WILL DITCH THE PRINTER? (AFTER TAKING THE NEW CARTS OUT!)
MANY THANKS
***** *****
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Please try the following and let me know the response. Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N