Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

HP 7510 series my printer is fully connected but the computer

Customer Question

HP 7510 series my printer is fully connected but the computer cant recognise it what do I do please
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me how you have it connected? Via wireless or the USB cable?
And which version of windows are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

Windows 7 by cable because wifi doesn't work cable has worked till now. I moved the printer to another computer to try and make it work by cable but it didn't work there on either. When I moved it back it had stopped working on this computer

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Robin,
The most common cause for this is the Cable has faulted as it has the problem on both computers, so I want to first rule this out.
Can you replace the USB cable with a different one and tell me please if it then functions with this cable.
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you I really should have thought of that!! Many thanks

Can you help my with the wi fi now. It did work at one point but stopped working

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem
Can I ask please you rate me here on this answer, as we fixed this, and then reply on this question with the make and model of the router and we can do this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I believe this was fraudulent. I clearly said I had connection problems and you solved half the problem - cable connection but not the other half wifi connection. You then asked me to say if the cable part was ok - which it was but then you disconnected so I had to pay again to get the other half answered. This is cheating you should have said please withdraw my rating and refund at least half my money or answer the rest of the question

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi,There is nothing Fraudulent Robin, and nothing was disconnecrted, been waiting here the whole time, so I am really surprised why you are reacting like this.I ask you please to reply to me with the make and model of your wireless router.Why instead of telling me this you are making these accusations?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Robin, again please tell me, what is the make and model of the wireless router you have. You need to tell me this...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

M y apologies but my machine asked me to rate you which I did and then when I tried to go to the next point introduced me to Russell and asked me to pay again. I don't know how I could have reacted any differently. So I am sorry tha the system got us both. So the answer to your questions

EE Brightbox 2c46pb MAC 5cdc9669FCBO I hope that is right

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I just wanted to make sure you got back here so we can finish this Robin and that you did not view me as fraudulent as this is not who I am.
Thanks for the information.
Can you click start, Devices and Printers
Right click on the printer and select Remove so it is uninstalled, then disconnect the printer to the computer.
Once done, restart your computer
Then run the installation again for your printer like you did when you first received it. During the installation you are given the question to connect it to the wifi network. Choose yes and connect it to your wifi network, and you can then use it wirelessly again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have reconnected to the wifi network and it does not work. However since it stoped working Ihave changed the router does this affect the situation?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No as your connecting it to the new network so as long as you uninstalled and reinstalled it as per my instructions, it would work.
So you did the exact instructions I just gave? Connecting it to this new network? The new wireless network?