Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

Just got a new hp g000na. locked out by password. need to

Customer Question

just got a new hp g000na. locked out by password. need to start from scratch. no data to lose.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. It may not have a recovery partition if it does as it is starting up repeatedly tap F11. While doing this if it has one the recovery will open. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no recovery partition - whatever that is. best bet to take it to a shop?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

A recovery partition is a section of the hard drive used to have a factory recovery option. If you do not have that partition you need a disc to reset it which you can get by calling: 0345 270 4142 Otherwise yes you would want a technician to reinstall windows for you and then use your license key which is normally on a sticker somewhere on the machine itself. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.