Russell H.
Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

Hp N36L server where can i get the brackets to connect to

Customer Question

hp N36L server
where can i get the brackets to connect to the 4 hard drives and the one for the dvd player at the top.
Thanks Ray Menecier
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you. You're working with the HP microserver and need the drive caddy for that machine?
Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.
The part number you're looking for the hard drive caddy is 624879-001 which can be purchased here http://www.serverworlds.com/hp-624879-001-microserver-drive-tray-624572-001/ . The DVD player doesn't require a special bracket. It should just screw in from the sides if it's a regular size dvd drive. Let me know if this helps you. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

high chuck

the hard drives are 3.5" and not 2.5"

I am in the UK so I don't want to bye from the USA and pay a lot of postage.

as for the dvd slot there are no holes to screw from the side and it has a built in narrow groove where a tray slides into that fixes to the side of the dvd player.

hope this helps

Thanks Ray

Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.
This is for 3.5 drives. The slots you see at the dvd drive are for if you used the same caddy and had another hard drive instead of the dvd. Should be holes at the bottom if not on the sides. Also, the cost of the caddy is just about the cost of buying a whole new microserver if you purchase a few of them.http://uk.eetgroup.com/i/624879-001-HP-CARRIER-HD-MICROSRVR