Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have recently acquired a new iMac 20" desktop computer

Hi, I have recently acquired a new iMac 20" desktop computer having used Microsoft equipment for the past 20 years or so. Is it advisable to have an anti virus program such as BitDefender installed on the Mac? It was always necessary to have this with
Microsoft operating systems but Apple is purported to be much more secure. I ask this in the light of the most recent problems related to TalkTalk, although I am not with that provider. (I am with Sky).
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I do recommend it as viruses are becoming more common for the Mac computers.
I advise to use Avira as its a market leader and free for personal use.
You can download it from my link below.
https://www.avira.com/en/free-antivirus-mac
Then install it and it will ensure the Mac is kept protected.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.