Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have just moved to Windows 10. I am now getting a very simple

I have just moved to Windows 10. I am now getting a very simple printer dialog box for my HP 1510a printer. Before when clicking on the "Properties" box I could choose the print quality, for example, e.g. Fast Draft, Fast Normal, etc. Now I can only print in Normal mode, and I don't think I can even select a number of copies.
I have been to the HP site and downloaded the latest drivers, but the problem is still there.
Your help with this would be appreciated.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you click on the search in the bottom left and then type in devices and click on devices and printers.
Then right click on your printer and select remove.
Then disconnect the printer from the computer.
Restart the computer
Then download and install the driver from my link below
http://tinyurl.com/kh359dv
And during the installation, when it asks you, connect the printer.
Then tell me if you get the correct dialogue box please when printing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** will proceed as you suggest. This reminds me of the procedure I went through when I first installed the printer. I had problems then too!

Frank

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome Frank.
Yes, printers are the biggest source of issues with computers :)
Let me know how you go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have been through the procedure and the printer is now connected. However, I still do not have the options under "Properties" that I had before. That is, no way to print in say Fast Draft, which is what I normally used.

Under "Properties" I get two tabs, "Layout" which is portrait or landscape, and "Paper Quality" which is greyscale or not and the paper size, A4.

Any suggestions?

Frank

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Frank but its the driver, it is not fully compatible with windows 10, nothing we can do to get around this until HP release an update to make it work correctly with windows 10. Its still just not ready for it yet.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am appalled that the driver has not been updated. The printer is only a couple of years old, so I can't be the only person with one.

At least I now know the cause of the problem.

Thank you for your help.

Frank

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, they are behind, but most printers are still, they are playing catch up.
If you need anything else, please let me know
And please remember the service rating.