Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My HP 2800dtn printer works superbly on my XP computer using

My HP 2800dtn printer works superbly on my XP computer using PCL6 driver. On this Windows 10 computer it uses PCL5. Please advise how to get it to use PCL6, which is more useful.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Make sure you have the latest version installed and the correct one for windows 10 which you can get here
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=429024
Download the driver, uninstall the printer from your computer and then install it with this driver for windows 10 and tell me if that then provides the PCL6 driver.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately the the printer re-installs as 2800 PCL5.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, they have not released the PCL6 for windows 10 yet sorry, as I have now ensured you have the latest version installed.
I checked for any communications on when a later version is available but none has been communicated yet.
For now you will need to use this version.and check back on the link I gave monthly for a later version to be released.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.