Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

HAVE INSTALLED SOFTWARE & DRIVER, S12410 140 052, 154,957KB

Customer Question

HAVE INSTALLED SOFTWARE & DRIVER, S12410 140 052, 154,957KB FOR SCANJET G2410. CANNOT GET ICONS FOR SCANNER & PHOTOSMART ON SCREEN TO USE SCANNER.
THANK YOU.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which version of windows you are using?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WINDOWS 7
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Click start, type in Scanjet and wait
Tell me what is then listed please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO ITEMS MATCH YOUR SEARCH
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, click on my link below and there click on Download
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=3423841&swItemId=cs_112213_1&swEnvOid=4063
Once the file is downloaded, run it and perform the installation
Let this complete and when it has you should then have it.
It is 151mb so it appears you installed the incorrect file before.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else Let me know the results please
Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HAVE STILL NOT GOT THE ICONS TO BE ABLE TO USE PHOTOSMART AND THE SCANNER, THANK YOU
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can I connect to your computer please?
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
STILL CANNOT GET ICONS. THANK YOU
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, I want to connect to your computer which is why I sent the instructions in the last two messages.
I will again repeat what I want you to do.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HAVE CLICKED ON DOWNLOAD FOR FREE AND SAVED THE FILE.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** it and provide me the ID and Password ***** gives you after installing it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
610(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have still not got icons
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you run Teamviewer again and give me the Password ***** connect please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HAVE RECEIVED MESSAGE THAT THIS MESSAGE WAS ALREADY SENT WHEN I PUT IN ID & PASSWORD
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting.