Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have an HP G56 Notebook connected to an HP Officejet 4500.

I have an HP G56 Notebook connected to an HP Officejet 4500. The HP Solution Centre which I use several times a week has stopped working. When I press the ikon it appears for a fraction of a second, then disappears.How do get it back?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which version of windows you are using on the Notebook?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10 is installed
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what you want. Is itmy email:***@******.***
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I need you please to do the instructions I gave you. I have repeated these again below for you.
Then I can connect to your computer and fix this
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I being particularly thick? Can't seem to get to you. I don't have your ID
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You need to give me YOUR ID and PASSWORD ***** you do my instructions it gives this to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, Richard I have to go out. Will contact you on my return. Just to say I've done what you asked, but not got anywhere. Keep getting asked for partners ID which I presume is yours.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your not reading my instructions and messages....
I keep repeating, you need to give me YOUR ID AND PASSWORD ***** IT TELLS YOU THERE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
806 750 322 a7k55a
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard. Sorry for delay in replying, but Windows started an upgrade which seemed to take hours. And, yes, the HP Solution Center seems to be working. Many thanks. Derek
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect and your most welcome Derek