Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have recently purchased a new Dell Desktop with windows 10

I have recently purchased a new Dell Desktop with windows 10 but my hp designjet 500 wont work from it. Apparent difficulty with Driver. What can I DO?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
There is a driver available for it to work with windows 10, which was released last month and available here
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Designjet-500-Printer-series/25301/model/1834668<
you said you tried downloading the driver from the internet? Is this the driver? Where you able to download it? What happened when you tried to install it?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Hope it works. Don't know which driver I tried to download myself.