Russell H.
Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

Can you reset my computer back to factory standard

Customer Question

Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help youSir/Ma’am please provide the following details so that i can help you better.What is the make and model of the PC?Did you replace the hard drive after the purchase of the PC?Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any otherSincerely,JohnNote: - To reply back to me use the reply box below in this page
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The make of my pc is Packard Bell Model AR5B22 or AR5822.It was purchased newin Mar 2014.I have not replaced anything.It was operating windows 8 I downloade windows 10 but have been told by microsoft it is not compatable with this computer and advised to ask you to return it to the original factory setting
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for the details.That model is not complete could you please check on the back/bottom of the PC for full model.Example for a full model is :- Packard Bell iMedia S2870 AR5B22If you cannot find the model let me know the SNID of the PCIf you don't mind me asking what are the issues you are facing on the PC after upgrading to windows 10?Is this a desktop or laptop?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
According to the receipt of purchase it is Packard BL IMEDIA S2185 E1
it is a desktop.The issues are slow results and notalways connecting to to the internet and the screen freezing from time to time
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
Thank you.I couldn't find that specific model but we will try the general method or restoring.Restoring to factory settings will erase the data on the hard drive and then only it will re-install the operating system and applications that came with the PC,Is that OK with you?Are you currently chatting to me from the problematic PC?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes I am using the computer.Should I back up any work I have on The computer or will it stay.If I need to do a backup can you explain how I do It Thanks
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
First you need to back up your personal files not any installed programs you need to re-install the programs after the system is restored to factory settings.There is a options to retain user files and restore windows but that sometimes wont work properly so as a safe side i suggest you back your personal files to a external hard drive.The easy method is to copy the files you needed then paste it to a folder you created in external hard drive.Once you have done the back up you can do the restoring process.See if there is Packard application called Packard Bell Recovery Management or Packard Bell eRecovery Management,Do not start the application just want to make sure that application is there.That is the application you need to do the recovery process so please check it and let me know whether that application is there or not.To check it click on start then type the above name and see if its listed in the all programs.Sincerely,John
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
Did you check whether the application i mentioned above is listed in all programs list?
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
Sir/Ma'am checking to see whether you were able to backup the files you needed and do factory restore using Packard Bell Recovery Management?Please let me know the status.Sincerely,JohnNote:-To reply back to me use the reply box below.