Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Purchased new laptop with HP envoy 4524 and gone through the

Purchased new laptop with HP envoy 4524 and gone through the set up procedure for wireless printing. The printer has picked up the router connection inasmuch the blue light remains on and the laptop recognises the printer as default printer but I cannot produce any prints. Any thoughts on what I need to do please?
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please exactly what happens when you try to print, and what is the make and model of the wifi router you have?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ID Nos 878 285 544
P/W 1509
you closed the Teamviewer program, you have to leave it open.
Can you open it again, give me the new password ***** leave it open please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ID 878 285 544
P/W 1509
wrong password, as I mentioned it gives you a NEW password ***** give me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
P/W 3223
thanks
your internet was disconnected.
Let me know when its back and I need to know the make and model of your wifi router.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On line again.
Router details 11G wireless AOSL 2/2+router
I need the actual make and model please, can you give me this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The only other information that I can find is IEEE802 11g WIRELESS ADSL 2/2+ Router.
If this doesn,t help can you assist any further?
We need to username and password ***** the unit and to get this we need the make and model of it
Can you tell me everything written on it please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is nothing further mentioned on the unit apart from a serial number and a mac reference.
Where did it come from?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Says Made in China
I mean where did you get it from? Your internet provider?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not going to be helpful as the router was purchased years ago when the kids were at school and now they are approaching 30 years of age! t
The internet provider is BT Broadband.
ok, we will see what we can do, but you may need to replace it.
Can you run Teamviewer again please and give me the password.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
P/W now 7641
you closed the program, can you open it again, give me the new password ***** leave it open please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Should now be open and P/W now 9083
thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Done as instructed but no further forward as nothing being printed.
ok, you will have to replace your wireless router, as we cannot access it we cannot find the IP Address of the printer in order to set it, nor can we do any configuration changes.
Any ADSL router will work for this, you can even have BT send one, but you need to get this as the next step.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will follow through on your advice and may return to you in due course. Thanks for your help.
Thank you, ***** ***** the question to never close, so let me know how you go please.