Russell H.
Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

My Samsung smart tv buffering is getting worse, I have upgraded

Customer Question

Hi my Samsung smart tv buffering is getting worse, I have upgraded to Virgin 100mb and still have the same problem, we have three Samsung smart tvs that all do the same
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am the person that will be helping you today.
My questions:
1) May I ask how the televisions are connected to the network? (wirelessly or with a network cable)
2) What is the brand and model name of your modem and your router, if you have one?
3) What are the distances between the televisions and the router/modem?
I will be standing by.
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason
My TV is connected wirelessly via virgin internet rooter which is connected by optic fibre, the speed is 100mbs at its slowest 58mbs. Router model virgin netgear, super hub 2ac (VMDG490), MAC 506A030505E8, serial 483155W40824E. Cable connected by a (forward path attenuator 3dB).
The TV is a Samsung UE40F6200AKXXU version 1.
Distance between router and TV is approx. 24 to 30 feet uninterrupted by any walls only a wooden door which is usually never shut.
Hope this is enough to go on, I have read this is an inherent problem with Samsung.All the bestMarc
Hello Marc,
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions fully. With your current hardware setup, you should not be experiencing any type of slowness. I imagine that there is some configuration in the router or modem that is causing this problem. In order to locate the issue, I will first have to analyze your network and network setup. I can do this analysis by starting a remote screen sharing session, if you allow me to. Once the additional offer for the remote service is accepted by you, I will be able to post the remote link on this page for you. I will start getting that ready for you.
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason.
That sounds ok awaiting futher information from you.Regards Marc.
Hello again Marc,
After you click the "Accept this offer" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.
Regards,
Jason