Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have an HP Design jet 111 printer which has a fault in that

Customer Question

I have an HP Design jet 111 printer which has a fault in that the Cyan ink cartridge is symbol keeps flashing , I have changed the cartridge twice and done a clean in the utilities but neither has worked , any help would be great
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhen you remove the Cyan cartridge David, what message do you then get?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard ,
If I remove the cartridge the screen on the printer shows the Cyan is missing , when i put it back it shows it as installed and full of ink but the pen point symbol keeps flashing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksTo be sure, you removed the covering plastic on the Cyan cartridge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just launched the utility and its showing the Cyan print head is faulty , but I have replaced it with a new one and it still shows as faulty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i have checked and the plastic cover is removed on the print head
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
but to be sure, you removed any plastic covering the contacts?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
on the actual Cyan Cartridge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yep checked and no plastic covers on the contacts
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksPower off the printerThen use a lint free cloth and wipe the contact points on the cartridge.Then using a q-tip, clean the area on the print head where the cartridge goes in.Then put the cartridge in, turn on the printer and tell me if it then functions please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will do
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok done , and the print head symbol is still flashing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the print head that has faulted, we have ruled out all other causes for this I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you