Sudipto
Sudipto, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

I bought a Dell 11 chromebook and can't get it to play discs

I bought a Dell 11 chromebook and can't get it to play discs through an external device?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me, what is on the disc ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought the external drive so my son could watch DVD's or play/listen to compact discs.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Before I answer your query, I want to make sure that, you know we are not Dell support site. We are justanswer.com a global paid support site, here is answer peoples queries and help to solve them if possible. Now, as per your query, you wanted to know that, why your chrome book is not able to play DVDs from any external dvd player. First of all, a chormebook is completely different from a MAC or Windows laptop, you cannot use any external DVD player with any chromebook. If you want to watch movies or listen to songs then, you have to copy them from any source to a flash drive or MTP devices and then, you can play them on the chromebook. I am giving a list below of the devices, which a chromebook will support and I want to clarify onething, the feature you want to use is not yet developed by the developer of the Chrome Operating system.Please let me know, if you want any further information, otherwise please remember to give positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.MTP devices (read-only)USB keyboards (Windows and Mac)USB mice with the following features: left button, right button, scrollwheelUSB hubsCertain Bluetooth devicesMonitors with DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI, or VGA connectionsUSB, DisplayPort, and HDMI audio devicesHeadset with a 3.5 mm jackWebcam with a USB cableMP3 player or mobile phone with a USB cable (can be used for charging)Huawei mobile dongle