Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Just installed ink cartridges in my hp photo smart 5524 and

Just installed ink cartridges in my hp photo smart 5524 and it will not print black. Can you help please, Maureen
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
HI there Maureen and welcomeJust to be sure, did you take the plastic off all parts of the Black Cartridge? So over the contacts and where the ink comes out?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes all installed correctly and colour element of my print has worked
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, may be a faulty cartridge Maureen.Can you put the old black cartridge in and tell me if that prints black please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Richard. Tried that and same problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you clean the print head pleaseTo do thisMake sure that plain white U.S. letter or A4 size paper is loaded in the tray.From the control panel home screen, touch the Settings icon (), and then touch Tools.Touch the Down Arrow , and then touch Clean Printhead. The product cleans the printheads, and then prints a test page.Review the print quality on the test page.Make sure that plain white U.S. letter or A4 size paper is loaded in the tray.From the control panel home screen, touch the Settings icon (), and then touch Tools.Touch the Down Arrow (), and then touch Clean Printhead. The product cleans the printheads, and then prints a test page.Review the print quality on the test page.Tell me if Black is then printing please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes all the text has printed black. On point 4 it tells me to check the lines and box below. Box below does not have any content but I guess the problem is fixed. Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome, it needed a clean which we did and will be ok nowIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. All very clear and I will rate you highly, best wishes Maureen