Shefin
Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

My HP Stream notebook has a 29GB disk drive. I've been

Hi, My HP Stream notebook has a 29GB disk drive. I've been getting messages about low disk space, which surprised me because I only run Office and have a few files on it. The problem seemed to be that two partitions were both being used for an L: drive (the KnowHow Cloud Briefcase). So I've removed my files, deleted all the files in the Briefcase, created recovery media and tried resetting it to factory settings. I am now trying to upgrade to Windows 10, but it failed due to inadequate disk space, so I tried again using my 500GB expansion drive (which has a least 300GB free), but it failed again (Message was "Couldn't install Windows 10 0x80070017 - 0x2000C. The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during APPLY_IMAGE operation'). As my hard drive (0) has three partitions, with C;\ of 21.6GB (6.54GB currently free)and a recovery partition of 7GB (100% free), I tried to delete the Recovery Partition - but I got a "Delete is not allowed on the current boot, system, pagefile, crashdump or hibernation volume' message. I have tried upgrading to Windows 10 again, but it is telling me that "Windows needs 14.2GB of space on C: for the upgrade. Any suggestions please?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O/K.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The computer with the problem is not the one I am using to contact you currently.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, On the faulty computer, go to your email and check replies from justanswer. Open the email and go to justanswer page. Over there, please go to the link below, click I agree, download and run Elsinore Client software, so that I can access your computer remotely.http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=17a71c2a-42d7-46f1-89b9-7de180838fad Thank you.S H E F I N
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N