Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Hardware expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Ik need to replace the hard drive in my hp notebook

Customer Question

ik need to replace the hard drive in my hp notebook
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you.Sir could you please let me know the full model of the Hp notebook which you can find on the bottom of the laptop.example for a model is hp pavilion dv6700Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir checking to see whether you still need my help.Please let me know.Sincerely,JohnNote:-To reply back to me use the reply box below.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Have you ever replaced a laptop hard drive before? If so please tell me the exact model of HP you have so I can provide you with the service manual on how to do this. Please note that replacing the hard drive means you will need to reinstall windows from scratch unless you imaged the drive already. If you have never replaced a laptop hard drive yourself I would strongly advise you take it to a local repair shop and have them do it for you. It may cost a bit of money but can't imagine it will be that expensive and also you won't run the risk of causing permanent damage to the computer which can happen if you have no experience with laptop repair. Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help. Thanks,Chris