Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

I have loaded now two brand new hp black ink cartridges into

Customer Question

I have loaded now two brand new hp black ink cartridges into my HP Officejet 6500A and it still won't print black?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me, what else do you have tried, except replacing the cartridges ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Such as? I thought putting a brand new printer cartridge after the last one ran out is all I would need to do
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update. The problem you are facing is generally caused due to clogged printhead nozzles, so I will recommend you to clean the printhead , following the steps below for atleast 2 times and let me know the result. On the home screen of the printer control panel, touch the right arrow to display the second navigation screen.Touch the Setup icon .The Setup Menu displays.Touch the down arrow , and then touch Tools.Touch Clean Printhead. The printer cleans the printhead, and then prints out a test page.Evaluate the test page for print quality.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sadly that has not worked completely, prints but very faded
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
How many times, you have cleaned the printhead ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
twice
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
OK, as you have not got a satisfactory result, I will recommend you to clean the printhead manuall, to do that you have to remove the printhead from the printer, if you do not know how to do that, reply me back and I will give you the steps , if you can remove the printhead then, open the link below and watch the video for the cleaning instructions and let me know. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-lkU5cFwIA
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that's not worked, think I should have just gone and bought a new printer!
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
If the solution have failed then, unfortuantely the printhead is defective and there is no need to replace the printer for that, just replace the printhead to solve the problem, as that is the final solution for this problem, you can get the replacement printhead from any online shop, the printhead number HP920 printhead. Please remember to compare the price before buying a new printhead.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New printhead almost the cost of a new printer, hey ho!!
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
What price do you get for the new printhead, I may help you to get a cheaper one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had at £41.40, now found cheaper but lead time is not agreeable, thanks anyway, will cut my losses and go buy new printer on saturday
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
oh! sorry your from UK, sorry my mistake in UK it will be cheaper to get a new printer, instead of new printhead, as the price in other countries are same or more then a new printer. Anyway, please let me know, if you need any further information, otherwise please remember to give rating for my time and effort. But, before that please try to clean the printhead manually once more.