Russell H.
Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I am trying set up my Samsung TV in Spain. I have connected

Customer Question

I am trying set up my Samsung TV in Spain. I have connected to the internet by wifi. I do not yet have a Samsung account. The TV suggests I go to my computer to set up on the same connection as the TV. Trouble is that when I log into http://www.samsung,com/smartview it responds in Spanish. As I do speak Spanish I can go no further in setting this TV up. Can you help?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.Note you are in the computer section so I will only be able to help you with the computer side of your question.Try using this link to set it up instead:http://www.samsung.com/us/apps/smart-view-2/Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seem to have got into a loop. I ended up downloading iTunes (which I already have). I think I need to download a Samsung app to my PC. Please guide me as to how to do this?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Does it say which software (app) specifically you need to download?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
If it's "Smart View" then you have it on the same link I gave you before, click on it again then click on the Windows logo (bottom right, next to where it says App Store).It reads: "Download for Windows".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My TV screen reads:
1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My TV Screen reads:
1
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
The link I gave you is for your computer - as I mentioned before you are in the computer category so I can only help you with what you need to do on the computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My TV Screen reads: 1 Open Samsung Smartview. 2. Select connect to TV. 3 Choose your TV from the list. 4 Enter the PIN shown on your TV.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
What that means is you need to load the software on your computer first (Samsung Smartview) and choose your TV from the list.Your TV and computer should be on the same network so they can communicate with each other.Once you've selected your TV from the list shown (on your computer), you provide the PIN number that pops up on your TV as verification.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I open Samsung Smartview I get it in Spanish. They say to connect to http://www.samsung.com/smartview. When I open your link it does not give me the option to connect to TV.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
You may have installed it in Spanish, the link I gave you is to download Samsung Smartview in English.I can connect to your computer and do it for you if you like.I'll send a quote in my next message