Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a photosmart 6520 all-in-one printer. The black is not

I have a photosmart 6520 all-in-one printer. The black is not printing correctly. Have cleaned head, installed new cartridge and the problem remains. Brian Cave
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome BrianWhen you say it is not printing correctly, is it printing at all? Or its smudging? Please tell me exactly what is happening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Severe horizontal streaking. As if the ink is running out. Have replaced the cartridge twice with no improvement. The other colours are ok.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, cleaning the print head, how exactly did you do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used the printers own clean printhead option
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksIt can take a few runs to correctly clean.Can you please run it another 3 times and tell me if this improves it please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
doing it now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No change. Streaks just as bad
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, unplug it from the power, then use a damp cloth and remove the black in cartridge and wipe the area out where it goes in, also wipe the underneath of it as well.Then wipe all rollers down on the inside of the printerLet it dry for 20 minutes, put the cartridge back in, connect the power and tell me how it now prints please Brian.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Black has stopped printing altogether
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, run a print head clean via the printer again, tell me what then happens please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no black at all
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the print head that has faulted. It was only printing from the waste ink left. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you