Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My HP pavilion g series laptop was playing up and looked like

my HP pavilion g series laptop was playing up and looked like it was possibly having hard drive problems. I downloaded all my documents onto an additional hard drive to save my documents. the protection on it had just finished so before I downloaded the new protection I was told to reboot the laptop and start all over again.
since doing this my laptop will not turn on and is completely dead besides the obvious that it is dead and I need a new laptop is there anything else that could be causing this problem which could be repaired?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you remove the power cable from the Laptop then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.Then connect the power cable and tell me if it then starts please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing at all im afraid
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
are any fans sounding? Any lights at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Total silence and blackout.....nothing at all hence why I think it may be totally gone
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It has, the hard drive would likely be ok, as this points to the voltage regulator, the component that controls the power to the motherboard.In this event the motherboard would need to be replaced.Else you can remove the hard drive and use an adapter such as this to connect it to another computerhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Proxima-Direct%C2%AE-External-Adapter-Protective/dp/B0098AF3U0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only light is when you plug in the charger cable.
I suspected as much. good that I was able to take off all me documents prior to it crashing on me.
Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcomeThe light is normal, its on the path to the internal power supply so unless the power cable had failed it will always show