Russell H.
Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I have just tried to install an hp5530 printer. I have two

I have just tried to install an hp5530 printer. I have two messages on the printer screen, one saying the cartridges need replacing, but they are the new ones supplied with the printer. I also have a flashing blue light, which apparently is an indication that the printer is not connected to the wireless network. I can't get any other display on the screen other than the message about the cartridges. I HAVE INSTALLED THEM so that the hp301 logo is visible on top. - is this correct? The printer is only a foot away from the router, so I can't understand why it is not connected to the wireless network. Can you help, please?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The first thing to do is, to turn Off the printer.Leave it that way for 10+ minutes.Then turn it On, and see what it says. As for the blue light flashing... you need to first select your local router's name from a list, after scanning for nearby Wireless connection points. Then you need to (when prompted) enter your local router's "password" (strictly, its wireless passphrase) correctly, observing distinctions between UPPER CASE letters and lower-case letters in the passphrase (or it won't work.) Let me know how it goes, if you need further assistance with this question, by Reply To Expert. Thanks.