Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

You have sent me a new password ***** I can't open Windows

Customer Question

You have sent me a new password ***** I can't open Windows Mail. THAT'S THE PROBLEM
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would appreciate it if I can avoid the Signing In process, You've sent me a new password ***** I've forgotten the original one and without Windows Mail there is no way I can access a new pas
Windows 10 Thank you
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Liz,Thank you for writing back with that information. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch?Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
From this morning I am unable to open Windows Live Mail and Google Chrome. I can access the internet via another provider.I'm happy to stay with the typing option
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
When you open Chrome, what error message are you getting when it won't open? What error message are you getting when Windows Live Mail won't open?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
With Chrome the little "ring" just goes round and round and then stops.
With Live Mail the "ring" goes round and round for ages and then a message comes up that it is unable to open and that may be due to not enough storage space.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
What is the FREE disk space on your Drive C?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How would I discover that?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Open an Explorer window, then click on This Computer. There you can see Drive C where free or available disk space is shown
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
884 GB free of 930 GB on Drive C
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for that information. I believe the issue is with your Windows Live Mail data being too huge already. Are you able to access your emails using a web browser?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No. I've stayed with an old email address that I only access via Windows Mail. I do have loads of emails that need deleting
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
I believe the problem is with the huge email collection that caused WLM not to open.It will be easier and safer if I can remotely access your computer to fix the problem. It is safer because it will ensure that the actions done will not harm the system further. But if you want to continue with this chat mode, please do this:Open the RUN dialog by pressing the Windows key and R at the same timeIn the Run box, type: %AppData%Click OKTell me what you got
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I got a list of files etc
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Look at the directory path. Maybe you are redirected to the "Roaming" folder. Please go back to the LOCAL folder (that is one directory backward from Roaming) then open Windows Live Mail. Tell me when you are there
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am there
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Locate the folder called ".cache". If you find it there, MOVE it to your desktop screen. That is, CUT the ,cache folder, then PASTE it in the desktop screen.After that, please close all windows then open Windows Live Mail again.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have moved .cache and tried to open Windows Live Mail again. At present it is still in preparation mode with the ring going round - as before.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Ok. Please wait and see if it will open or not. If it gives an error, please tell me the exact error message
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The little window says:
Windows Live Mail could not be started. It may not be installed correctly. Make sure that your disk is not full or that you are not out of memory. (080041161)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Jess, I really appreciate your help but is there any way this can go any faster? I have to get on with some things soon.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for that information especially the error code. Now it appears that the problem is with the huge email collection, or the Windows Live Mail installation could have been corrupted.The very first thing that you can try is to REPAIR the installation of Windows Essentials (Windows Live Mail is part of Windows Essentials).To do this, close all running programs, then press Windows key + R to get the RUN box, type wlarp and press Enter or click OK. In the window that opens, select Repair all Windows Essentials programs:When it's finished, reboot the computer, then try launching Windows Live Mail.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
"wlarp" isn't having any effect.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Unfortunately, I do not provide phone support. I only provide remote access support which is better than a phone call since I can actually check the issues and fix them while you watch.I already sent the formal offer for remote access. Please accept if it you want a secure remote assistance session.Thank you.Jess
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That's fine to continue with remote access. I have entered wlarp but a small window comes up saying "this operation has taken too long" with a red cross.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Ok please close that window and go to Control Panel => Programs and Features. Locate Windows Essentials there. Click on it then click on Change. Then select Repair.If there is no Change option when Windows Essentials 2012 is selected, select Uninstall. Then select Repair.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I did do that a while ago and when I go back it says "Please wait while the programme is being uninstalled or changed. "
There does not seem to be a "Repair" button. Am I in danger of uninstalling all Windows Essential. Or doesn't that matter. I don't want to lose all the Mail files and correspondence.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is now saying that Windows Essential may already have been uninstalled.Unfortunately I have to go now. Thank you for your help. Good bye
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Liz,Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry for the late reply. After the process of repairing Windows Live Mail, please restart the computer and then see if you still have Windows Live Mail. If you still have it, then it means what you did was a repair or change. But if you lost it now, it means you did not repair it but uninstalled it instead. If you still have Windows Live Mail, please open it and test if it works this time.If you lost it, please go to this link below:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/essentials-install-offline-faqScroll down and click on the link at the bottom that says "Essentials installer files for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2008". Scroll down further and locate the English link and then click on it to download the full installer of Windows Essentials 2012 English version. After downloading, double click on the downloaded file to install it.After installing, all your emails shall be intact when Windows Live Mail opens.I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess