michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Science(Hons)
26798893

I have an HP8610 about 1 year old, I replced the original cartridges

I have an HP8610 about 1 year old, I replced the original cartridges with new ones but it would not recognise them , I treid all suggestions and eventually reset the printer, now it is asking for the original set up cartridges that came with the printer , I threw them away , what can I do .
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.Are you using genuine Hp cartridges or compatible ones?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used compatible ones and they worked ffine I then replaced the black one and it refused to recognize it I went out and bought a genuine HP cartideg and still nothing, so i reset the printer. I now have a full set of genuine HP cartridges but have not yet inserted them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Is anyone there ?
Open the cover and remove all the installed cartridges if installed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok done
There will be a latch to release the print head.Lift the latch handle on the carriage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done
Grasp the sides of the printhead, and then lift the printhead and pull it toward you to remove it.
Handle the printhead carefully to avoid ink stains. Avoid touching the underside of the printhead.
once its removed try to clean the print head under a warm running tap water till all the ink is removed.use a cotton dipped with alcohol and try to clean the copper/golden contact points on the print head as well as the print head carriage where it sits make sure the contacts are good dry and clean.
install the print head back and close the tray and then let me know if you get the error insert ink cartridges.
Insert the new cartridges after removing the packaging plastics Please make sure there are no packaging tapes on the cartridges. Try to run print head cleaning one time and hen try to print and let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just dried and replaced all and it has begun to work I am trying to print an 8 page document which has text and photos , it is printing but very slowly
it will resume its speed gradually with regular printinglet me know if you have any questions
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all I can say is very well done, HP were no help at all as were the retailer who just said bring it in and we will send it to ***** you very much how do I authorise payment?
To release payment for my time and effort please click on the stars on the top and hit submit.Thank you.
Experience: Computer Science(Hons)