Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a HP Photosmart plus printer I cant print black type I

I have a HP Photosmart plus printer
I cant print black type
I have changed the cartridge and the estimated print level is full.
I have run the "clean printhead" option from the tools menu but still no joy.
I have removed the cartridge and put it back again and repeated all of the above but still nothing.
I can print type using blue as a font colour ok
Help !!
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Still nothing
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ThanksThe print head clean can take a number of runs to do a clean, can you run it three times please and tell me if black then prints.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ran the "clean printhead" 3 times and still cant print black
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thankswhen you did the clean, did it print out black there? Or was black also missing there?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no black print, printed 6 colured boxes. Light Red (ish) .... Green .... Mauve (ish) .... Yellow .... Dark Red .... Blue
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok, was it doing this with the old black cartridge as well?And did you remove any wrapping on the new cartridge?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Didnt try printhead clean with the old cartridge. Put in back old cartridge and tried printhead clean again and still no black.Have now tried to print with another brand new unwrapped cartridge and still no good.Tried printhead clean again with same brand new cartridge and still no black
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ThanksCan you remove the ink cartridge please, then using a q-tip, clean out the area where the cartridge then use a damp cloth and clean out the underside of the ink carriage holder.Let it dry for 20 minutes, put the ink back in and tell me if black now prints please
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
took cartridge out and cleaned with q tip. tried to print again but no luck
Then lifted lever up on right hand side of cartridge carriage but cant see how to get to the underside of it to clean it
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
you can get the cloth underneath it as it is and wipe it as much as possible
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Have cleaned as much as I could get to.It was pretty dirty, but tried to print again but still no luck
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thanks It is the prrinthead that has faulted, we have now ruled out all other causes for this I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok Richard thanks for trying.Do I still have to pay £29 even though the problem has been diagnosed but you obviously cant fix it remotely?
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
You have already paid the deposit which was for the service I provided to go through all possible causes and rule them out to confirm the problem. This is what we did and what you paid for. If we were only paid for fixing an issue, no one would have taken your question due to the possibility of it not being resolvable. You now have the issue confirmed and know what you need to do. I ask please you take this into account and if you need anything else please let me know. And if you can please rate my service, that is appreciated. If you need anything else, please let me know Thanks Richard
Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes of course