Martin
Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
74139101

Camera model Microsoft 1381 will not function Windows 10.

Camera model Microsoft 1381 will not function Windows 10. Message says camera not connected to computer
Ken
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ken and welcome.Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.Did the problem start after upgrading to Windows 10 or was it already working on Windows 10?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After ugpgrading
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
What does the box say, is it a Lifecam?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Microsoft LifeCam 3.0
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Try installing the software for it:https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/lifecam-vx-2000The software is intended for Windows 7 so you may need to run it in compatibility mode but it may never work under Windows 10.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Camera working - thanks
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Great!Just before you go
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
If you could take a moment to click on one of the green stars at the top to rate me for my time, it would be greatly appreciated!