Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

Using devolo dlan 500wifi Will not connect saying protocol

Customer Question

Using devolo dlan 500wifi Will not connect saying protocol missing 906
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Where is that message coming from? Thank you,***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I try to connect the Ethernet and it does not connect the HP network software checks the problem and comes back with error 906 which leads to the network protocols missing.
Thank you kindly for the update. It sounds as though the network adapter is faulting. One way to fix this is to simply 'uninstall' the network adapter from the device manager and allow the computer to reinstall it. Please, follow the instructions below: - Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R- In the box that comes up, type: devmgmt.msc- Click the Ok button.- Click the plus sign next to Network Adapters- Right click the Local Area Connection Adapter's Icon- Choose Uninstall. Uninstall Device.- Right click another item in the list and choose "Scan for Hardware Changes"- Choose to automatically install the device (click next > next > Finish) Once that is complete, you should be all set. I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.Thank you again, - Jason P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I have not been back to you but will do later today or latest tomorrow morning. Had to visit hospital (dodgy knee)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No joy I am afraid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suspect looking at people with similar problems this is a windows 10 bug?
Please, follow the instructions below to solve your problem:- Hold both of the two following keys at the same time: Windows Key and the letter R key- In the box that comes up, type the following and click OK: rstrui- Choose to Restore to an earlier time > Click Next.- Choose a date at least one week before you started experiencing your problem.- Click NEXT > NEXT > NEXT.- Your computer will restart and your issue will be gone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never been able to connect with this computer. So no history to refer to.
Let's try the previous solution again. This time, remove all network adapters. Please, follow the instructions below: - Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R- In the box that comes up, type: devmgmt.msc- Click the Ok button.- Click the plus sign next to Network AdaptersRepeat the two following steps for every single item found under the Network Adapters heading:- Right click the Local Area Connection Adapter's Icon- Choose Uninstall. Uninstall Device. Once that is complete, restart the computer and test it once it is back up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do so tomorrow. Will come back to you soon. Many thanks for you efforts. All the best Terry
Thank you. I will be standing by and looking forward to your update.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not having any joy. I have also deleted and replaced the Winsock entries in the Registry. Also to no avail. I am running out of ideas.
In this case, you may wish to consider reinstalling Windows after making any backup of files that you wish t keep.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not think so. Having read so many people have had the same issue for a couple of years with Microsoft not addressing the problem I will be going to get an apple computer. Thanks for your efforts. Best regards. Terry
I have seen the problem hundreds, if not thousands of times. The problem is due to a faulted installation of the operating system, network drivers, incorrectly configured firewall, among other things. Thank you for the update. I look forward to your rating of my help on the top of this page. If you have any questions about rating me, please let me know.Thank you for your time and please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.- Jason In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"My Profile page:http://JasonFixedit.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another reason to go to Apple. Microsoft should get their act together. Best regards. Terry
Hello Terry, I am in full agreement with you. I hope that some day Microsoft will be up to par with Apple. Thank you,Jason