Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a Canon Pixma MX895 printer. It is showing an 'error'

I have a Canon Pixma MX895 printer. It is showing an 'error' message (B200), telling me to "unplug the power cord and contact the service center".
As I bought the machine online, what do I do now?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done. No change
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you do the following pleaseTurn off the printerOpen the coverTurn on the printerWait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half wayBefore print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.Leave the Printer turned on.Then try to print, if the error returns, repeat the procedure then tell me if it is now working please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done what you suggested (above): the machine turned itself of and refuses to to be switched on again!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. This now confirms it I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you