Shefin
Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

My printer (HP photosmart all in one, HPb110a) has stopped

My printer (HP photosmart all in one, HPb110a) has stopped connecting to my computer. Computer does not recognise this device and hence I can`t do any scanning or printing.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please let me know the operating system (E.g. Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.7) and connection type (USB or wireless), so that I can assist you better.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 10, usb. No I do not want securely connect.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Please right click on the Start button and select Control panel. Open View Devices and Printers.

Right click on the printer name and select Remove Device/Delete. Remove all the printers that you are not using. Remove the printer USB cable too.

Then, get into Control panel and select Uninstall a Program (listed under Programs). Uninstall all printer related programs listed over there. Then, restart the computer.

Then, go to the link below, download and install HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Photosmart-All-in-One-Printer-series---B1/4022328/model/4022329

Connect the USB cable onlt when the computer asks to connect the printer during the installation.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried all these. Unistalled and reinstalled softwear many times.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

If so, you have to try a different USB cable. The USB cable might be faulty that is why the computer does not recognize it. Do you have a different printer USB cable?

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have and I have connected it now. What do I do now?
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Restart the computer and check if it is printing. make sure that you can see the printer on Devices and Printers folder and made it as default printer. Try reinstalling the printer, if it is not printing.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried this now and several times before. Computer just does not recognise the printer. I suppose I may have to get a new printer.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Make sure that you are using the correct cable. Check the link below and make sure that you are using the same cable as in the picture.

http://driver-pro.com/static/images/article-content/usb-printer-installation-tutorial/usb-printer-cable.jpg

If you let me access your computer remotely, i can help you better.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can grant you remote access only if there is no extra charge. Printer is not that expensive and I would rather buy a new one. Sorry for the trouble.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

That is okay.

Please go to the link below, click I agree, download and run Elsinore Client software, so that I can access your computer.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=8d33589e-4428-41cd-a151-581949e6455e

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please, confirm that remote access would not be charged. On confirmation I would download your softwear.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Please do not go for any additional offer, so that you will not be charged.

S H E F I N

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I would suggest you get a new printer.

S H E F I N