Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have just bought a Canon Printer MG2950 to link with my

hello
I have just bought a Canon Printer MG2950 to link with my chromebook but am unable to link the two to start printing. can you help me please
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi James, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Do you have the CD installer of your Canon printer?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using our Secure Remote Assistance program. Are you chatting with me in your Chromebook now? Or in another computer? If it is in another computer, it is running on Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?

Please let me know so that we can setup the remote connection.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are chating on my Chromebook.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have another computer that you can use right now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the chromebook I wish connected to the printer. I have another computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am asking since Chromebooks have limited support for remote access tools. If you have no Windows computer that you can use right now, then you can try to download the JoinMe plugin for Chrome so that you can share your screen for remote access.

Please visit this link:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/joinme/nemahdoihakfniciobefoebllhlobdok

Click the Add to Chrome button, then start your JoinMe and then share your screen. It is also called as "hosting" a meeting. When successful, please send me the 9-digit code so that I can remote in.

Keep me posted.

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on my computer now.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Are you now chatting with me in a Windows computer? Or did you follow the procedures I gave you for your Chromebook to use JoinMe?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am getting the e-mails on both devices
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, but are you chatting with me now in the Windows computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on the computer now. it is the chrome book I wish connected to my printer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I understand that it is the Chromebook that you want to use the printer. But for remote access, it will be easier to setup using a Windows computer.

If you are in the Windows computer now, please do these steps:

1. Login to your JustAnswer.com account (where we are doing the chat. that is why I was asking if you are chatting with me in the Windows computer since it will mean that you already logged in to your JustAnswer account in the Windows computer
  2. Then click on this link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=78e70bf6-ddf0-4140-b9ba-6e3065526e76
  3. On that page, click on the green I Agree button
  4. Then download the remote tool and SAVE on your computer
  5. After downloading, double click on the downloaded file to run the remote tool and join me in the remote session
  6. I will wait for you to join me in the remote session. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can assist you further.

Regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am totaly confused now. Can I just switch off now and end this session. we are getting nowhere. I have spent enough money already.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry about the confusion. I gave you detailed steps to initiate the remote session. It is easier done in a Windows computer than on your Chromebook.

Also, please allow me to tell you that if your printer is NOT compatible with Google Cloud Print, you cannot print from your Chromebook DIRECTLY to the printer. You need to connect the printer to a Windows computer, then print from your Chromebook WHILE the printer is connected to the Windows computer.

That is why it will be better if I can remotely access your Windows computer so that I can setup everything for you. It is also better if you can do the JoinMe procedures I gave you so that I can remotely access your Chromebook.

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 84 year sold and cannot understand what to do. I am puzzled so please end this session.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Oh, I am very sorry about the confusion. Yes, we can end this session if you are already tired, but we can resume with this any time when you are ready and available. Just bookmark this chat page so that you can get back to me any time.

I really like to help you solve this problem so that you can print from your Chromebook to your printer.

If you still have time and patience to continue this now, I can give you step by step procedures so that I can remotely access your Chrome book.

Please let me know.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we do this on the phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry just finish the session.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, no, I do not provide phone support. I only provide online chat support like what we are doing now, and remote access support.

I was preparing my long list of procedures for you.

If you want, I can remotely access your Windows computer, and then show you what exactly to do in your Chrome browser in your Chromebook. Do you want this option instead? If yes, please tell me so that I can give you the steps to connect to your Windows computer.

But if you want to end the session, please confirm so that I can close the session.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK please remotely connect to my computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Just please end the session
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please end the session. Sorry to have troubled you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please end the session. thank you
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

We will end the session now. But if you want to continue tomorrow when you are available, you can let me know. I will still be here to help.

Best regards,

Jess