Russell H.
Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I have just replaced my HP psc 2410, 57/56 cartridges but it

I have just replaced my HP psc 2410, 57/56 cartridges but it now prints the wrong colours as if it is setup for photos with a 58 cartridge. I have never used a 58 cartridge on it and as I have only replaced the 56/57 cartridges I do not understand why the change
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Not really, I have only replaced the cartridges that I was using before
Assistant: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Did the problem start before the last replacement of cartridges, or after it?

I suspect the computer may be where the problem is. Consider what software you have used to print with, and whether the last time you used HP's own software to print, you may have chosen photo printing and thus switched the printer into photo printing mode - ?

We can also try some measures to refresh the printer software on your computer to an initialized state again.

Try a photocopy... do the colors come out wrong that way? if not, then the computer is at fault somehow or the software on it or the program you used or the settings for the printer driver.

If the colors come out wrong even with a photocopy run from the printer itself and using only the printer's own controls and buttons, then the printer is at fault.

Let me know more, and we will proceed as needed. Thanks.