John
John, Computer Hardware Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I have an Envy 5640 printer with a wireless connection to my

I have an Envy 5640 printer with a wireless connection to my HP laptop. I can print word documents but the printer will not print pdf documents. When I click print, I receive a message Connecting but the message persists and the printer does not print.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Could you please answer the following.

Is this happening to a specific PDF file or to any PDF file you try to print?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other?

Sincerely,
John

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All pdf files whether I have created them myself or have received them as e-mail attachments. I use Windows 10.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the details.

which pdf reader/editor are you using to open these pdf files?

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Did you see my above question if so please answer it so that i can help you better.

Sincerely,
John

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not certain. I can't see an Adobe icon but pdf files open quickly.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

OK may I remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please go ahead.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=46102660-42cc-4f9f-be37-12db0f35b003 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

The problem had been solved. Please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/
Sincerely,
John