Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  A+ MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

My laptop upgraded itself to Windows 10 which has caused a

My laptop upgraded itself to Windows 10 which has caused a number of problems. Initially this made no difference to my printer - HP Color LaserJet CM1312nfi MFP Series but Monday evening after I had printed successfully I started getting the message indicating the printer was off-line. As far as I can see everything is reading correctly on the laptop but the printer still will not work. I don't know whether there is some non-compatability with Windows 10 or whether some vital download has got wiped out and if so, how I can restore the link.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Your printer is compatible with Windows 10 and there are drivers available.

Please go here:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3562007&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4192

and you can update the driver software to the Windows 10 version.

Let me know the result please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to above http but don't understand the options. What does driver (2) mean?
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. On the page, click the + sign next to Driver (1)

and download the HP Color Laser Jet CM1312 MFP Series Full Solution

software package.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did tat but HP Color Laser Jet CM1312 MFP Series Full Solution did not appear
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand I can probably download something but Ido need to have an option that appears to relate to what I'm trying to download.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Please see the attachment. It should clarify things

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Please do this:

On the printer control panel, press Setup.

Use the arrow buttons to select Reports, and then press OK.

Use the arrow buttons to select Network report, and then press OK.
A report will print out. In the report it will give you the IP address
the printer is using. Please let me know what that number is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did find the download eventually and followed what it told me to do. Eventually it can back there had been a fatal error. I responded as required and it said fixed I should disconnect printer and follow further instructions. There don't seem to be further instructions
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Can I connect to your computer and troubleshoot the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. From your computer, please click the link below (after reading this). On the new page, click the green I Agree button and the connection download will begin. When the file has downloaded (Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) select Run or Open. If Windows asks, Allow changes to be made. When the file has loaded we should be connected.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=b548dca3-e63a-4829-86a5-27049e7a86f1

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IP addess 192.16.0.4
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shaould have read: 192.168.0.4
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.