Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a HP printer Envy 5540 all in one series it has

Customer Question

Hi I have a HP printer Envy 5540 all in one series it has worked okay until now when I go to print it will not load a4 paper but occasionally will load 6x4 photo paper ?l
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no difference it is still telling me out of paper which is loaded in both parts
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, remove the paper, flick it through your fingers, put it back in and tell me if it then detects it please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried flicking paper still not detecting it it appears not print a downloaded document if i select a document from from
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you rephrase what you were trying to say here please William?

"it it appears not print a downloaded document if i select a document from from"

As I did not understand it sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i select a document from document file it will print also if I scan a document it will lift the a4 paper. but then on occasion it prints on the photographic paper otherwise it is telling me it is out of paper when it is not.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

From which program are you having the problem printing from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The down loaded documents
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, but in which program William?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the offer but additional cost i could replace printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Richard is the £25.00 in addition to access fee ? of £26.00
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Its no problem, It is an optional service and it is in addition, else please William can you respond to the question of which program you are having the problem in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please give me a clue as to what program
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

There are 1,000 of programs William... its the program that opens in front of you when you open it....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that when i go to print ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No, its the program you open your documents in

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thats your operating system William...

It tells you the program when you open it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I pay the extra £25.00 for you to access the printer will this cure problem ?If so will your company send me a receipt for your services.the fault should be repairable by you as the printer is only 2 months old and as you can agree it is in the software / programing .
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I cannot say what is now causing the problem, I need to check your computer to rule this out.

For payments and receipt you need to email***@******.*** for this

Being only 2 months has no bearing on this William, but I will confirm the issue and if it is software it will be resolved.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard id is###-##-####
pass word 4614
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thanks, ***** *****