Dan
Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years repairing and installing computers. Comp TIA+ Certified
1567601

I have a G56 Notebook which has been giving me problems,

Customer Question

I have a G56 Notebook which has been giving me problems, firstly I was not getting updates and now I cannot get an Internet connection. I have tried everything I know to recover what I had in the past to no avail. Would it be possible to recover by getting back to factory settings as I don't know how?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

If the factory image has not been removed Neil it will be possible to return to the factory image.

To do this, power off the Notebook

Then power it on and keep tapping F10 until you get to the recovery manager

If you do not, use F11

Once there, follow the onscreen instructions and perform a factory reset which will return it to new (wiping all data) working order with windows installed.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. Please let me know if you still require assistance and I would be happy to continue working with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like a reply to an unsuccessful recommendation earlier on today by Richard, when I reported the result I expected a reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't seem to be getting anywhere with the problem I have and I am thinking very care fully of requesting a refund.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me please what happened when you attempted Richard's suggestion?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my part reply as the screen went blank and I was unable to continue.