Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My photosmart 5524 printer was functioning perfectly until I

Customer Question

My photosmart 5524 printer was functioning perfectly until I used the photocopy facility a few days ago. Now whenever I try to print I get the message "printer not connected". Help please.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
34;Printer is offline"
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

How are you connecting to the printer? Via wireless or via a USB cable?

And are you on a windows or mac computer and which version?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wireless (I think). Windows 10
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you confirm please... Is there a cable going from the printer to the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No - so that's wireless then I guess (I'm an idiot)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No problem

Can you remove the power to the wifi router you have (your internet box) and the printer

Then wait 10 minutes.

Once done, power on the wifi router, then wait 5 minutes, power on the printer and tell me if it now prints please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried as you suggested - Printer is still "Offline"
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Do you have another computer there that's able to print to the printer as a test?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have downloaded. How do I install? The detail on the opening page says installation is not necessary
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You tun the file to install it, so once the file is downloaded, run it and you can complete the installation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry- I do what?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

run the file to install it, so once the file is downloaded, run it and you can complete the installation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID 977 694 340
Pword 1928
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

connecting