Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

My Laser Jet 6L has suddenly gone haywire when loaded with

My Laser Jet 6L has suddenly gone haywire when loaded with paper it continually feeds the paper thru until it all run out
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 year ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

How old is the printer if I may ask and do you still have warranty on it?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Dear Client

I see that you have read my reply already. Do you still need my help? If so, please just reply again and I will help you further on to fix your problem. That involves no additional costs for you.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer is approximately18 years old.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Approx. 3 months ago it stopped working and a friend said that it had lost its driver. He then after some one half hour set it up with a driver which worked but produced what he called dirty paper (slightly grey). Two weeks ago it developed this current problem of continually churning out blank sheets. It also churns out paper when only connected to the mains which to me points out that the fault is within the printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Warrenty

Dear Client,

thanks for getting back. In all honesty, if it is that old and has such problems now and even the drivers are problematic (of course with that age), would you be ready to get a new printer instead? I can look up one for you if you wish. Because if you would send it for repair, it would most likely cost much more than a new printer, especially since some replacement parts might not be available anymore after 18 years.

Please let me know.

Thank you very much,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Lorenz, I can get a brand new identical printer for £60 pound including two new cartridges but am worried that I may not be able to download a suitable driver, if I knew I could download a driver I would certainly buy the new item as its the first printer I purchased and am so used to its operating functions.

Dear Client,

thanks for the reply and I hope you had a great day? Please let me know the name of the new printer you would like to purchase and I will see if there is a driver for you that will make it work without problems. Please also let me know which operating system your as using (Windows, Mac?).

Thank you and no worries, we will make that work,

Lorenz

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Lorenz, The printer that I can purchase is identical to my present one. A HP LaserJet 6L It is guaranteed new. But if you are like me unable to find a legitimate Driver I will have to consider buying a more up to date unit. I have Microsoft 10.

Dear Client,

thanks for the feedback. In all honesty, I would not buy such a old printer again, especially because you will have a hard time making it work within Windows 10 (if it does work at all). So that I can recommend you a good printer, can you please let me know what your requirements are? Should it be a laser again or is a inkjet fine too? Should it just print or should it also be able to scan? Does it have to have WIFI so that you can use it without a cable, via your network? Also, what is the limit of your budget (to select a optimal quality one for you)?

Thank you very much,

Lorenz

Dear Client,

Thank you very much,

Lorenz

P.S.: I just did some research for you, personally, if you want just a "modern replacement" für your 6L, I´d recommend the HP LaserJet P2035. The reviews of it are great and even HP recommends it as a replacement for the older 6L. Here is a price comparison for that printer:

http://skinflint.co.uk/hp-laserjet-p2035-ce461a-a376919.html

Now the question remains, do you want another laser printer or do you possibly also want to print colour and would like to get a inkjet printer instead?

I would also be very happy about a positive rating (3 to 5 stars at the right top, select them and press "Submit"), because only then I get paid by JustAnswer with a part of your already accomplished payment, which mediated your question to me as an independent expert. Of course we can continue our conversation even after a rating, as long as needed!

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Lorenz,
I thank you for your advice I will continue to look for another printer its been good taking to you. Goodbye
Best Wishes
John

Dear *****,

thanks for the reply and your kind rating, which made me very happy! If you have any questions in the future, please enter them in the format "For expert ComputerVauck ONLY: Question ......." at the following site:

http://www.lorenzvauck.com/

It´s best if you bookmark the site directly in your browser.

I wish you a great time and remain until next time with best regards,

Lorenz Vauck