Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My IR8K9UP laptop has listed my Panasonic television and DVD

My IR8K9UP laptop has listed my Panasonic television and DVD player as media devices through my wireless router. Does this mean that I can play a DVD on my laptop and watch it on my television?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

No it does not, it means that if you have a DNLA server set up your TV can play files from the hard disk of the computer.

You can see here how you would set up a DNLA server within windows

http://www.howtogeek.com/215400/how-to-turn-your-computer-into-a-dlna-media-server/

Then, depending on the model of your TV, you have different options on how to play that content.

If you do wish though to use the TV as a monitor, a much easier method is to use a special dingle called the Google Chrome Cast

You can get it here

www.google.com/chromecast

You then connect it to one of the HDMI ports on your TV.

You can then wirelessly mirror the screen of your computer to the TV, or even cast services such as netflix and youtube from your phone to your TV, using your phone as a remote.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.