Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Networking, hardware, software, various OS's, Email Web and domain hosting, DNS
63493917

There must be something wrong. I cannot access the answer.

Richard Stonelake.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

The answer to your question about your recently purchased Camcorder (Sony cyber-shot DSC-WX350) was never really answered.

The expert offered a remote session, and gave you a link to connect, but for whatever reason, you were not able to connect.

.

So, thats why the answer is not accessible......because there is not an answer yet.

I would be happy to help you i this though.

Sometimes you have to scroll down this page to see the responses from me, and to get to the text enter box that you use to respond to me.

I understand that when you connect the camcorder to computer, that nothing happens.......did you install the software that came with the camcorder?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is not a camcorder; it is a camera - Sony DSC WX350. There was no software with the camera.
R

okay, thank you for clarifying....its a camera.

.

Sony reccommends you get the PLAY MEMORIES SOFTWARE.

.

The latest version of the PlayMemories Home™ software is available for download. This software is also provided for installation / upgrade for users of PlayMemories Home, Picture Motion Browser, and Cyber-shot® Viewer software.

• The PlayMemories Home software helps you easily organize, view, and edit photos and videos for your Sony digital cameras and camcorders
  • The PlayMemories Home software succeeds Picture Motion Browser (PMB) and is recommended for installation in its place. If you cannot locate your original software disc, you can download and install this latest version of PlayMemories Home

Downloading and installing Sony Play memories home, onto your computer, and have it open and running......and THEN connecting the camera to the computer (via USB port) should resolve this issue.

What OS are you using? (Windws 7, Windows 8, Windows 10)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. How do I obtain this software?

Your welcome......the software is broken up by the Operating System you have.

So, I can give you the link to the download......or......the link to the page, where you select your OS, and then choose the download.

It would be easier if you told me what OS you have, and allow me to get the actual download link to give you, so there is no confusion.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think I have Windows XP

Really?

That is really old.....and may not even be supported for this Sony Camera.

I would REALLY like you to double check please.

I have confirmed that Windows XP will NOT work with this camera.....you have to have Windows Vista or higher.

Windows XP is no longer supporrted by microsoft, and therefore, neither will any other companies make products that will work with WinXP.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It seems my camera is useless. I shall have to return it. Thank you for your advice. I think we can stop here.

You are very welcome, and please take a moment to rate my performance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. I have found a solution: I can put the memory card into another camera which my computer recognises.
But thank you for your advice.
Richard.