Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

HP Photosmart B110 purchased June 2011. Ink 364 Problem: Not

HP Photosmart B110 purchased June 2011. Ink 364
Problem: Not printing with non HP inks - so purchase Cyan and Magenta Sept 30 and
installed printed with those colours and non- ink yellow but no Black print.
Purchased HP yellow and Black XL and installed October 2nd still not printing with Black.
Managed to print a notice by changing it to Red & green.
Used every Utility in the Diagnosis set up - shows the colours and the Black as there.
All analysis hardly shows black - part of line then streaked - nothing positive.
I'm not technical (silver surfer) but with Daughters help on distant phone call, managed
as on help suggested - uninstalled the printer and re-installed from original disc -all completed but still not printing 'Black' i.e. e-mails , documents.
NB When lid is open to check inks, in the well on the right hand side there looks to be a pool of liquid ink? I mopped it out about a week ago, but it is there again.
Help! Advice!
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi Brenda,

If you have already used all of the built-in utilities to run a clean of the print head several times then the only other option left is to try manually cleaning the print head tubes and jets by disassembling it and using an alcohol solution; or you could try replacing the print head.

After 5 years it is very likely that the print head has worn out and is starting to leak ink, even if it is not used regularly.

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Replacing the print head can be a costly procedure, so you may just want to invest the money in a new printer instead - you can get one for under £30:

http://www.staples.co.uk/inkjet-printers/cbs/223397291.html

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.
Pete.